I have to admit that when agirlandherchickens said she enjoyed my blog, I was excited, but then she nominated me for the Liebster award, well it can’t get any better than that. Thank you
But wait a minute “What is a Liebster Award”, being relatively new to the blog world I haven’t learned about all the different awards a blogger can be nominated for. So off I went to do my research, and thankfully agirlandherchickens gave me a link for that too. First thing you have to do is answer some questions.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions:
1. How many pets/animals do you have?
Here’s the list: 103 young chickens, some are replacement pullets, some we are raising to for friends until they don’t need a brooder, some are young cockerel’s for the table, 30 laying hens and Silkies, 22 roller pigeons and counting(just for fun), 3 Muscovey ducks (1 is setting on a nest)
5 4 Geese (sadly I have to part with my Gander “Alex” but my friend is taking him so I can visit him any time), 1 pony(for the grandkids), 2 sheep(lawnmowers), 4 dogs, 2 cats(for rodent control), and 55 rabbits(our daughters hobby).
2. What is your favorite hobby and why? Well I have never had to narrow it down to just one, so I guess I would say “Creating”. Creating birdhouses out of scraps of wood, Creating grocery bags out of empty feed sacks, creating planters out of things I find in the garbage, etc.
3. What is your dream home? My husband and I agree our dream home would be the house we live in now but with a lot of updates, inside and out.
4. Who do you admire the most? My next older Sister, Lora, she decided to pick up everything and move 2000 miles away to a place she had never been, start college in her late forties, then in the beginning of her senior year (and on her 50th B-Day) she found out she had stage 3 cancer, which she survived(Thankfully) but it did push back her graduation date by a year. And when I talked to her after all she had gone through she said to me, “I think everyone else was more upset about her illness then she was!” That’s a person to admire!
5. Why did you decide to start blogging? 3 things: Everyone always enjoys visiting our homestead and seeing the animals and garden. My parents live so far away and always want to know what is going on. I have always enjoyed writing down the days events in a journal. So a blog made perfect sense.
6. Where is your favorite place to relax? By the fire pit in our backyard! Soo relaxing!
7. What’s your favorite song and why? Choices by George Jones, it just makes me think about the choices I have made and I am glad they have led me here.
8. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why? My daughters dog and my Granddog LOL, because she is so pampered and loved.
9. What is your biggest fear? As I get older it is always a concern and fear that in years to come, I may not be able to do the gardening that so love.
10. What is your favorite article of clothing? I have an old lined denim jacket that I appliqued (years ago) with a rooster, a hen and 4 chicks. They represent my husband and I and our 4 daughters, the jacket is always a comfort to wear.
11. What’s your favorite.. pork, beef, or chicken? MMM they all sound good but I could live with out beef, our homegrown chicken is good but I would have to say our homegrown pork would be the one at the top of the list.
Wow, we made it through the questions, and now I have to tell you just a couple more things about me. I grew up in what I call a “wealthy suburb” full of big fancy houses and stores. (It was a good school system) I met my husband when I was in my early twenties and the first thing he showed me was the chickens he was raising and hiding in his back yard. And that’s how we ended up in the country. We started out 27 years ago with nothing more than a stack of books. We have 4 grown daughters and really enjoy living in the country even though it is not always easy. I still work but my husband stays home and runs things and cooks real good meals, (he tends to draw a crowd at supper time).
Now I have to pass on some of my favorite young blogs I enjoy and hope they would enjoy a nomination too.
Joanna was quite a variety of things to look at Joanna’s Broadside
Ruby has a great site hurry over and see what’s hatching at agirlandherchickens
I love all the creative things especially the unbreakable Tea Set at stitchnsewcreates
Fun stuff to read and learn with Pimla over at Pimla’s Ponderings
I love the wine bottle walkway at Garden of Eady
Here are the questions for the nominees: (Even if you aren’t a nominee you might enjoy them also)
1. What is the one thing you like to do most? Why?
2. What is your favorite tool. Why?
3. What is your favorite thing you made or repurposed that cost very little? How?
4. What do you do to relax?
5. What is your favorite quote?
6. What is your favorite place to visit?
7. Who is the one person (dead or alive) you would like to meet and what would you ask them?
8. What is your favorite season? Why?
9. What is your favorite flower? Why?
10. Why did you start a blog?
11. What new skill would you like to learn?
Thanks for reading this and hope you take a few minutes to read some of the blogs listed above.