I grew up in a “wealthy suburb”, as I call it. But, I do come from a long line of farmers so it was no surprise that I enjoy the country. Then, when I met my husband and he tells me that he has chickens in the woods in his back yard, I knew it was fate. So I was asked to come up with a list of things I’ve learned. I had to think about it and had fun writing my list hope you enjoy.
10 things I have learned in no particular order:
- If you plant a garden and think it will grow, then You Believe.
- Tanning is free
- Animals are a lot of hard work and they die which is even harder!
- Weeds grow faster then your plants in the garden.
- Pulling weeds is relaxing!?
- Geese are great lawnmowers!
- Putting up hay is a hot, itchy job unless you are the truck driver.
- Favorite shoes are boots
- Every store is 20 minutes away, at least, so you have to plan. (That also saves you money)
- Hanging laundry outside is legal and my clothes smell so good!
I’m sure I learned a lot more but I generally just try to enjoy everyday and hope for the best and I am thankful for everything I’ve learned good, bad or other wise. Have a great day everybody.